Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Busy week...

This week has been so busy trying to get ready for the housewarming party here and getting the old place patched and painted to get ready to sell.  I really don't know how I crammed so much stuff into a three-bedroom house or how I thought I was going to cram the stuff from the three-bedroom house into a two-bedroom.

A baby shower on Sunday was great.  There was a lot of people that I haven't seen for a long time.  It was really great to sit down and talk to Charlie as a friend and not as a contractor, Charlie is the best barbecuer I know and he always seems to know where to get the best meat.  Our families used to be so close and I'm hoping it will be that way again.  The cake was SO cute. It had peapods and caterpillars made out of frosting, the detail was incredible.  It had a cow pushing a stroller on top, Angie loves cows.  It was also really cute to see Peter and Angie carrying Parker around, they just looked so natural.

On Sunday Heather came by to meet me, see what kind of food I liked and check out my kitchen.  She is the head chef here at the Coconut Grove Restaurant and has agreed to cook for me five days a week.  Basically it is whatever he cooks for her and her partner and/or whatever she ends up cooking at a restaurant.  We seem to like the same foods and so far her meals are GREAT.  I'm trying to a little bit healthier so she said she would help me out with that.  She told me if there was anything that I would like to try she would make it for me.  I told her that I always wanted to try beef Wellington, I have seen the take-home chef and other chefs cook it and it really looks good.  She said of course that would take a little preparation and asked me when my birthday was, I told her it was tomorrow and she laughed but today really is my birthday.  It was just funny away that they came out.

Monday I had to go to Valley Medical Center to get my SP tube change.  The drive actually wasn't that bad, I had anticipated it to be a lot worse.  It was nice to see Tony and they don't have to go back for amonth.

Yesterday I took Brodie to her new vet down the street so they could get to know her and all of her problems.  She was two for a lot of shots and they pulled something really nasty out of her ear, no wonder she was miserable. they do not do grooming but they will cut Brodies toenails every two weeks until the quick is short enough to keep her toenails as short as they should be.  Dr. Martinalli said that Brodie looked really good but is definitely looking older so she told me to be sure to keep giving her plenty of exercise.  Around here that certainly isn't a problem, we have been cruising the lagoon and downtown Santa Cruz a lot.  After the vet visit Cassie and I went to Mobos for sushi, I haven't been to Mobos for about a year at it was definitely not disappointed.  After that we went to Longs to get some taffy and some peanut butter and mint M&M's.  When we got back here Heather came by to check out my pantry, spices and cooking apparel to see what I need it so she can sometimes come and cook here.  Later she came back and brought me a KILLER shrimp salad, she makes the best dressing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have had a busy week!  I love the shot of the lagoon.  Is that the boardwalk that makes you nervous?

You seem very happy with your move and it's nice to 'hear' that in your writing!

Anonymous said...

that is such a neat picture! if you get to take walks there, what a gorgeous place to do so!!

you have been busy!! I like how Heather is going to make meals for you; I bet they will be delicious!!

seems like you are settling into your new digs just fine :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I hate baby showers. I know that is terrible, but quite true! The noises everyone is supposed to make over each little outfit & stroller(eye roll).

Now the parents carrying the little baby around part I love.  I adore seeing a smitten Dad not wanting to put his baby down.

You don't mess around, Beef Wellington :-)  Heather sounds great.

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Hope your housewarming is a success :o)