Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Housewarming...

Dave and JohnPatrick got here on Thursday morning and of course that was the day that Multimedia Max decided to take a dive so we decided to ignore it until after the open house.  Stanley, David and Corinne got here on Friday evening.

What a great weekend.  I was a little nervous on Saturday because we got a late start but it turned out to be a really nice day, of course we had way too much food but everybody tried their best to put a dent in it.  We were running a little bit late and Stanley made awesome breakfast burritos for everyone.  David and Cassie cut up all of the fruit and I did a really good job. People started showing up around 11:30 a.m. and it was pretty steady all day long, a couple people would show up to tour the house, something to eat and then leave.  About the middle of the afternoon it started raining HUGE raindrops, the day before it was like 101°.  A lot of the neighbor showed up and I'm so glad that I got to meet them because there are some pretty cool people that live around here.  Charlie, Terrie, Angie, and Parker were the first to show up and of course everybody wanted to hold Parker, he is so adorable and so calm and happy.  They brought a quilt for both my mom and I that Terrie had made, this is the a quilt that she has made for my mom and I and they are GORGEOUS.

After everything slowed down Dave and I took some of the kids to the lagoon but there was a sign on it that said it was closed because of the danger from all the fires.

Stanley, David and Corinne had to leave on Saturday evening because Corinne and Robert had tween camp to next morning and they were trying to get ready to go on a two-week vacation.

Sunday Dave decided the best way to fix Max to reinstall an earlier version, every once in a while Dave has me back up my computer when it's working really well... thank goodness for that.  The last time I had done it was in February and amazingly enough everything came back up and was working great, Dave didn't have to do very much at all.  He also got my mom's TV upstairs to work, they said that he thinks that got turned sideways so it wouldn't come on for a while, I swear my brother can fix anything.

On Monday Dave, JohnPatrick and I decided to go to the beach and boardwalk, this was the first time I have been there since I moved and I cannot believe how close it is, during the day I kept thinking... it's going to be a long drive back over the hill to San Jose and then I would remember that it wasn't very far at all, only a few blocks.  We ate lunch on the wharf and really enjoyed it.  We went to Circuit City to pick up a DirecTV box or my mom and to check out a Nintendo Wii games, my mom is going to get me one for my birthday.  I saw couple of articles on the Internet that said it was a great exercise and it looks like it is going to be great.  They did have a couple and they said that they are old really quick but we had seen them the day before at Costco and decided to get it there since it was a little cheaper and we had to get up from there anyway.  Of course when we showed up we looked all over the store and couldn't find any.  We finally solved somebody that worked there and asked them and they said that they never say in the store very long as they would get another shipment in a month, we should've gotten it the day before.  When we got back we were supposed to go to The Wooden Nickel with my uncle and aunt but there was no car in their driveway so I decided to come back here and call it the day, I think everybody was exhausted.  Cassie came over and she put me to bed and I was immediately out, I woke up this morning as my brother and JohnPatrick was leaving so I at least got to say goodbye.  He works at Delta, fixing the simulators, so he gets to write or free but on standby.  He said that it didn't look really good but they were going to hang out at the airport and hope for the best, I really hope they don't have to wait for very long.

Heather is going to come by today to do inventory in my kitchen and see what she can whip up.  We all tried her spaghetti the other day and it was AWESOME.  She left the wheat spaghetti, which I have been wanting to try, and it was actually very good.  She is fixing a lot of healthy and delicious meals for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you had a nice visit with David and that the open house went well! the food sounded good for it!!

looking forward to reading what type of food Heather prepares for you!

it was hot here too over the weekend; we reached 111 on Saturday. I missed the ocean breezes from when we lived in Laguna Niguel

in case you don't post before Thursday, I'll be off the computer for a few days since I have company coming to town, but I'll catch up with you next week when I'm back on line :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Glad that your open house was a success and you met the neighbors :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh, those quilts ARE gorgeous.  Very talented woman made those.