Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cooling down in Santa Cruz...

Of course last weekend I decided to put away my winter clothes because the weather was starting to get really warm so of course last week was really cool and windy.  Yesterday I was waiting for the sun to come out, generally in Santa Cruz the sun does not come out until noon.  It came out a couple of times but not enough to warm up and that was gone again, time to dig out my winter clothes again.

David called when he got home and asked me to check and see if he had left his laptop in the spare bedroom, I think he knew that he hadn't.  I felt really bad it wanted to call the airport but I had no way of describing it.  I call the couple days later and said that it was at the San Jose Airport so my mom drove a San Jose to pick it up, I was so relieved because I know he has EVERYTHING on his laptop.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday seemed to be repair days for everything that has turned up since we moved in.  The shelves in the cabnets were not reinforce, the garage door kept flickering and there was a big leak under the kitchen sink.  Everything got fixed except for the leak under the kitchen sink because when the repair guy got here there was nothing wrong... isn't that what always happens??

Heather made me a couple of salads because she was going to be busy for a couple of days.  The salads had chicken, apples, grilled onions, brea cheese... it's so wonderful to try new things and it amazes me how people can get so create.  She came over this afternoon and said that she was going to cook duck this evening and she would bring it over, I cannot wait to try it.

Somebody sent me this and I thought it was so funny I just have to share it...

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called
Eric, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks
like Mission Control and asked him to come over. Eric
clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.
 
As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what
was wrong? He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'
 
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless
inquired, 'An, ID ten T error? What's that? In case I
need to fix it again.'
 
Eric grinned.... 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten
T error before?'
 
'No,' I replied. 'Write it down,' he said, 'and I
think you'll figure it out.'
 
So I wrote down: I D 1 0 T
 
I used to like Eric.............
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so love reading about all your adventures. Of course the kitchen sink did not leak when they came to fix it! I wish we had a Heather here to cook for my dad :)
~Cathy

Anonymous said...

I am glad that David found his laptop. My daughter would be lost without hers. Her whole life is on that laptop. : ) Heather sounds like a wonderful cook. I am not very good at cooking but I try. Thank you for sharing the joke. It was funy but oh so true. : ) I am an idiot when it comes to my computer...hugs, Christine