Sunday, June 29, 2008

I love duck...

I love duck.  I have never had it before but I prefer dark meat and I remember somebody telling me that if I prefer dark meat I would like duck.  It was so moist, not a bit dry.  I think what I'd just like most about white meat is that it is always so dry, the sauce that she made to go over the duck was awesome.  Heather also made some arugula with garlic and mushrooms, some killer rice and some orange beets, I have never even seen orange beets but they sure are good.  I remember watching the cooking shows and seeing the creations that they put together at wondering how everything tastes, now I get to find out and it is great.

My uncle came over and tried a bite of everything and of course I loved it also.  He hooked up a fan to the bottom of my bed under the sheet so we can see if it will help with the pressure sore, it definitely can't hurt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there; back from a few days off line; glad to see you got picked as a guest editor's pick! congrats! that duck sounds delicious!! Heather sounds like a wonderful cook!

bettu

Anonymous said...

Yumm!!  I absolutely love duck....but it does not like me too much.  Heather sounds like an absolutely wonderful chef.

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. enjoy your journal................ Sherry

Anonymous said...

Dear, whenever I'm reading your site and see you mention the pressure sore, think of when my Mom was ill and transferred to a rehab facility, they noticed that Mom had bedsores and the centerl had a lambs wool pad that really worked to help Mom with this. When she transferred to another facility closer to home, no lambs wool and bedsores came back. Maybe this will be of help to you. Take care.  Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

I probably wont like duck because i only like the white meat. But it is worth trying sometime. I am glad you enjoyed it....hugs, Christine