Thursday, February 7, 2008

Convincing Medicare...

The only thing I can think of that is worse than being frustrated is being frustrated and stuck in bed.  I have a really good mattress on my bed but the bed frame is just not made for the mattress which makes the mattress not work as it should so needless to say I keep getting pressure ulcers.  They don't get very bad and the heel very quickly but they are constant.  I've been talking with a guy at Hill ROM and he found me a couple of frames that go with the mattress that I have but of course Medicare does not want to pay for the one that I need and I don't know how to convince them how much I need it.  The one that I need is electric and it has Trendelenburg and reverse Trendelenburg and the one that Medicare thinks I need has a crank, the only way that would work is if I could teach Brodie, my service dog, how to work a crank and I don't think that's going to happen.  I don't know what to do and I don't know anything about Medicare.  I have talked to people before that pretty much know how to word everything to Medicare so that they can get whatever they want by making it a need instead of a want.  I'm going to try to make an appointment with Dr. Shem next week and hopefully she can help me.

They were supposed to fix my chair at 9:30 a.m. this morning and I was hoping that by the time Aiesha got here it would be done so she could go and pick it up for me so I could get out and do something tomorrow, that did not happen.  I called them about 1:30 p.m. and left a message but I never heard anything back, I'm really not surprised but I was still hoping.  I will give them a call again in the morning and hopefully it will be ready for my mom or Madonna to pick up.

My mom got an offer on her house and they did all the paperwork today, all they need to do is wait and see if the funding is going to be there, one house down and went to go.

No comments: