Thursday, February 28, 2008

POP Goes the circuit breaker

I woke up this morning about 4 a.m. and could not go back to sleep so I was watching television and all of a sudden I heard a really loud POP and my bed went flat in my computer shut down, the TV was still working and luckily I had just turned up the heater so I like to do was wait until 7 a.m. when Madonna came in for work.  She unplugged my bed and a yellow cord was black so I was really leery of plugging the back end somewhere else but I didn't really have a choice so we plugged it in, got me dressed and up in the chair and by the time I got outside Keith was just leaving so I took Brodie for a couple of laps around the park and stopped at my mom's to see her she could come down and see which breaker had popped so I could turn my computer back on.  I thought Jerry had left for work on his motorcycle but I looked out my window and saw him pulling his car out so I rushed outside and luckily he was just putting his garbage cans away and he agreed to come and rescue me one more time.  He found the breaker that had tripped and turned it back on but then my mom touched the outlet and it popped really loud once again.  The other day as I was going into the dance room I ran into the outlet and apparently pushed the metal protective cover against the prongs on the plug and that's what caused the breaker to trip.  Jerry got that fixed and then helped Madonna make Macadamia Nut Banana Bread in the kitchen before he left for work.  It called for sour cream but since I didn't have any Jerry brought over some ricotta cheese so we made the substitute, it smelled killer and I cannot wait to try.  Jerry came back by a little while ago to try some of the banana bread but unfortunately we left it down at my mom's, we took it there to bake while we were making labels for the baby shower invitations.  I told him that tomorrow I was going to make two more loaves and I will make sure him and Liz get to try some.

Just as Jerry was leaving Vanessa showed up with baby Luana and we had a nice visit and printed out the invitations for the baby shower, they turned out SO cute.

I went to Costco, my favorite place to go, and actually held it down to what I REALLY need... well I tried to anyway.

Charlie called after I got into bed to give me the update on the House, it sounds better everyday, so I asked him if he could send out one of his electricians to see what we need to do about this plug, he said he would send somebody out tomorrow, I love sometimes how stuff just seems to work itself out one way or another.

No comments: