Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tiling the bathroom...

I was sitting here thinking back to the first time when I was seeing a psychologist.  I remember he asked me to write down what I wanted, my perfect life.  I wrote that I would like to have a place big enough for family and friends to come and I would have room for them all and most importantly I wanted a place where they could just come in and feel at home.  I not only have that now but when I move to Santa Cruz it will be even better.  It seems like my life is now as I always dreamed it would be.

When I was living in the Independent living Center, before I got my settlement or even knew that I was going to get one, I would look through the paper and roll around and look at the houses for sale and dream of owning my own place.  There was never an amount discussed and after all that time I really didn't think that I would get anything.  It was fun hanging out with Jim, he was my attorney that specialize in tires and airplanes, and I really learned a lot.  I never thought any of my dreams would come true.

Today was a nice relaxing day.  I cruised Brodie around and Rich, the dog trainer, came and walked Brodie around trying to find a cat.  I told him that Brodie pulled a muscle in my arm the day before trying to get after a cat.  Of course he did see one sitting in the driveway across the street but Brodie did nothing, it always happens that way.

My Aunt called and said that she just went across the street and they had just finished tiling one of the bathrooms and she said that it looks incredible, I cannot wait to go see it on Monday.

No comments: