Friday, February 15, 2008

Familiar faces from the past...

Valentine's Day was really nice.  They close down the Bold Night, a restaurant that was down the street and had really good food.  Instead now they have a buffet restaurant there and they had a grand opening and I wanted to go but I didn't get to, I will go next time my brother comes to visit.  I did get a Valentine card from my friend Rick, he's always so thoughtful and seems to remember everything.  I ended up going grocery shopping and running around with Brodie at the park.

Last night and the night before I hung out in my old chat room and had a really good time, I always do but I keep forgetting about it.  I actually met a girl that lives in the Santa Cruz area, she's very funny and very active.  I just know that when I moved to Santa Cruz I'm going to be very busy and extremely happy.  I'm going on Monday to check out the progress, my aunt says that the title in the bathroom is being laid and the cupboards are in in my mom's place.

Today I'm going to go to Macy's and finally after all these years be fitted for the right size and type of bra that is right for me.  I seen a couple of shows where they keep saying how important it is to be fitted by a professional so that the girls don't always end up in my lap.

I started out at Victoria's Secret's to see if they could help me find the right bra but there wasn't anybody around to help, usually when you go there there's at least two or three people following you a round.  I decided to go down to Macy's to see if I would have better luck but on the way I saw Fredericks of Hollywood, I have seen it before but I heard that it was trashier stuff than Victoria's Secret's so I never went inside.  I heard wrong because they have really very nice stuff and as soon as I walked in a lady walked up to see if I needed anything moved and I saw the measuring tape around her neck so I asked her for help and she gladly obliged.  She measured me and told me what size bra I needed and picked out a couple for me to try.  I saw one that I really liked and she told me that it was a water bra so I just had to try it.  I saw an episode of Will and Grace where Grace tried one and it sprung a leak while she was at an art exhibit so how could I resist trying it?

After I left Fredericks of Hollywood I thought I heard someone calling my name so I turned a round to look and it was a guy that I worked with at Xicor.  His name is Barry.  He handed me the telephone and said that somebody wanted to say hello and I recognize the voice immediately as John Dutra.  John Dutra and I were really good friends when I worked at Xicor.  I used to sit in his office and talk to him and we used to go out and have lunch.  When I moved here he came to my house warming and I told him that I was getting ready to move again and he said he would come to my house warming in Santa Cruz.  I couldn't hear him very well because I was on Barry's flip cell phone and I kept dropping it so I told him that I would e-mail him.  I talked to Barry for a while and had to go so I told him that I would e-mail him also.  It is so cool to get together with people that I used to work with and reminisce, remembering the people back then puts a big smile on my face.  We talked about how great it would be to have a little Xicor reunion.  I'm starting to get in touch with more and more people and I forget how much fun they all were.  I was thinking about it last night and I think before I move I'm going to get a hold of as many people from Xicor as I can, with the help of friends that I kept in touch with, and have a barbecue here, it will be so great to see everybody.

No comments: