Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chair choice

Everything went really well and really fast at my chair picking out appointment.  We were supposed to do it in two days but we got everything finished yesterday so there's really no need to go back on Friday.  The chair that look the best to me is called a Quickie Rhythm.  One of the options that I battled with is a sealift function, you can list the seat of the chair up about 18 inches.  At first this sounded really cool but after thinking about it and talking to a couple of people I decided against it.  The other option that I chose was to get the chair that I have now fixed but I figured it runs really well so why spend the money?  I haven't yet decided if I'm going to keep it as a backup or just donate it.  Lynn, the OT, said that they do have a program where you can donate your chair and they will fix it up if needed and give it to somebody who has no insurance and needs a chair.

Today I'm going to try to find some more dye for my shirt's because they are all fading.  I have been afraid to try to let somebody new dye them for me because I'm afraid that they will make a mess but Aiesha did a couple of him this week and she did a really good job.  I tried to find some at target but I think they only have like three colors, I need to find a fabric store I think.  I really wish that I didn't have to die them but the only color that they come in is white and white is not a good color for me, I spill a lot.

I can't believe the week is almost over already.  I talked to mark last night, a guy that I met through one of my caregivers at Comfort Keepers, and he said that he was going to be going to the mall to cruise around and it sounded like a lot of fun.  When it rains I like to go to the mall and cruise around just to get out and get some exercise for Brodie.

This Saturday or Sunday I was supposed to go to Santa Cruz to check out the progress on my new house but it sounds like it's going to be snowing on Highway 17 so it looks like I will have to wait until the weather gets better.  They have the sheetrock up so I can't wait to see what it looks like now, it is really coming along fast.  Luckily my end is taking progressive pictures were made.

No comments: