Saturday, January 5, 2008

Queen of the wharf... Gilda

My aunt just called was some really bad news.  Gilda, Queen of the wharf they call her, that owns and runs the restaurant on the wharf in Santa Cruz, Gildas, passed away Friday.  Apparently she had a massive heart attack while getting out of her car at work.  Our family has been going to that restaurant for many many years and she was a really good friend of my grandpa's.  We were just there last Saturday and talk to her, she was a really special lady.

Also my Aunt Ruth ended up in the hospital again.  It sounds like she is having an operation to help the circulation in her legs.  It also sounds like she has two pressure sores from bad circulation, luckily I can give her some advice about pressure sores and how to heal them.

I was playing on Pogo last night and some guy was telling me that his dad won the lottery and gave him $100,000 so he was going to retire and buy a house... obviously he does not live in California.

No comments: