Monday, May 26, 2008

Decisions decisions...

Yesterday my mom, Stanley, Corinne and I went over to Sears to pick out my new TV and I found a microwave.  While I was there I talked to several of the guys in different departments and they seem pretty much agree that Samsung was a better brand of TV to get.  They also told me that LCD was better than plasma, I am really glad that the subject came up and I'm very pleased at what I got.  They told me that a new feature came out called... I don't remember what it's called but it's a feature that is better for watching motion pictures, it might even be called a motion picture feature.  It is a lot easier when they have the different models lined up next to each other, the Samsung picture was AWESOME.

I remember people used to tell me that everything happens for a reason.  It is to make me very angry and I used to think that people just said it because they didn't know what else to say but now I'm starting to believe that that might be something to it.  Thinking back a lot of things that happened in my life that I thought was the worst thing that could happen has turned out to be a blessing.  Last week Madonna to me that Monday was going to be her last day so I was really stressing out about what am I going to do until Thursday for my morning caregiver.  The agency that I use in the afternoon was trying to place somebody here but they did not do personal care so they really cannot help me in the morning.  I was sitting here hoping that Madonna would talk to her family and decide not to take the job or that maybe she would try it for a day and not like it but she didn't even show up this morning.

My aunt found a nurse that was going to start working on Thursday so that I could try her out but her mother passed away so she had to go to Mexico and it sounded like she would be there for a while so back to the drawing board.  The neighbors that look across the street from me are emergency room nurses from a hospital in Watsonville so they had found a bunch of applicants.  Meanwhile this morning the final cleaning crew was cleaning my house and when they overheard my aunt and said that they had a 19 year old daughter that works part time in a senior care facility and was looking for a private client for caregiving, how perfect is that?  I am waiting for her to call me back since she lives in this area and I'm hoping that she will be able to start tomorrow morning.  I'm a little nervous about somebody commuting over the hill but her and her whole family do it all up the time and think nothing of it.

Stanley got the closets taken apart and he took that and the TV that I thought yesterday over to Santa Cruz for Jeff to install tomorrow.  I called him this afternoon and he said he would be over in the morning to get the pictures, I took pictures of how I wanted my closets to look.

Stanley and Corinne left for home but it is hard to believe that in just a matter of days they will all be back and I will be living in Santa Cruz.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that young woman works out to be your care giver; I am of the philosphy that things do happen for a reason, some we find out about sooner than later on others

seems like you made a great decision on what TV to get!

hope things continue to progress in the right direction for your move :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your new tv!  I never thought that much about picture/sound quality until I got a nice tv and surround sound.  There's nothing like it, especially when it's soothing music filling the room.

I'm sorry that your caregiver is leaving, but have faith that something and someone will work out.  I hope you will be pleased with the young girl ~ that's a nice age and it seems she's really looking for someone sweet like you to bless her life as well.

And I say that, not knowing you, but still knowing somehow....  ::smiles::

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Tammie, you seem to be getting good advice & strong support, which is a blessing. I am not always sure that everything happens for a reason, but I do believe you work hard on incremental improvements & try to make your own life better. I think good things are happening because you go after them. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

I hope that the young lady works out for you :o)

I have heard recently that the LCD is now recommended over the plasma, but it was the reverse for us a year or so ago when we got our TV.  We love the picture quality, and most of all, the DVD's in surround sound.