Friday, May 16, 2008

Trying out my new chair...

The last couple of days it has select HOT.  On Wednesday evening I just could not cool down and on Thursday morning I realized why, some how one of the registers in my room got closed.  When Charlie built this place for me to put each registers in my bedroom because I am usually a lot hotter or a lot cooler than everybody else, is that a great idea or what?  As much as I need to practice with my new chair I am not going outside.  I practiced with my new chair on Wednesday and I did pretty good except my left arm was really sore, I switched the driving mechanism to my left hand thinking that it would make my left arm stronger... I am starting to wonder if that was a good idea but I will give it a few weeks and they what happens.  My first time out in my new chair I didn't want to take Brodie because the steering is so sensitive I didn't want a chance running over her toes.  Apparently my morning caregiver left the back gate open, she was cleaning up the dog run, and Brodie ran out of the gate and down the street.  My only thought was that she was going to run out to Monterey Highway and that would be it for her.  I started jamming after her, as fast as I could go in my new sensitive chair, but she was way too fast.  Luckily she just ran down to where my mom used to live and turned around and ran back, I was so relieved because her hearing is really getting bad.

Dan the computer man sent me an e-mail asking me if he could use a quote that I put on it Multimedia Design web site after he hooked up Multimedia Max for me.  He wanted to put it in a brochure that he is putting together for a seminar that it's going to attend.  He also wants me to send a Max-ish picture.  My cousin is coming over today and I'm going to ask her to take a picture so I can send it to him.  I guess this is my 15 minutes of fame?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say take your fame any which way you can get it ;-).  I'm so glad Brodie is ok. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

hey there :)  i happened upon your journal and have been reading a few entries. first...your new house looks BEAUTIFUL. you must be so excited! i am glad your Brodie was ok, and i hope your left arm strengthens up with the new chair. i am looking forward to getting to know you more. stay cool and have a wonderful day :)
~Cathy