Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sometimes there's just no more temporary fix...

I knew it was a matter of time before it happened... it happened today.  I went to go get in the van and when Aiesha let down the ramp it came down with a huge BANG and the hydraulic bar dropped.  The part where the cable is fastened to the ramp literally broke, there will be no more temporary fixes.  Keith, my neighbor across the street, came out from eating his lunch, that's how loud it was.  It looks like the ramp will have to be manually lifted indefinitely, my first stop today is Home Depot to buy some work gloves.

Vanessa and Luana came by yesterday for a visit.  Louana is so cute and she sure likes to laugh a lot, you cannot help but laugh yourself when you see her.  We went down to see Angie and her new baby Parker and Puck.  Parker is so cute and so tiny, when Charlie and Terrie were here last week and they were telling me how small it is but I thought all babies were small, he really is small.  We had a nice visit and I was a little surprise how good Angie looked or having a baby two weeks ago.  I can't believe we forgot to take a picture of all of us.

My cousin Rich called last night and said that he would come over this weekend to help Stanley take a bunch of stuff to Santa Cruz.  They are almost done with my ceiling lift and then the final cleaners are going to come on Monday so we still cannot put anything in the House but there is room now in the garage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both of you look so full of joy.  I don't want childen myself, but I sure do love to see them playful & smiling. Beautiful.

The thing with temp fixes is they always seem to break perm at the worst possible time. ~Mary