Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day barbecue

The other day I was watching a new series called "I survived" and it made me think about some of the stories that I heard while I was hosting my online chat room.  I will never forget one guy telling me that his ATV accident left him just off the side of the road for three days, paralyzed from the neck down, with ants and flies crawling all over his face and neck, I'm sure all over his body but that's all that he could feel.  He said that during the day it was really hot and during the night it was really cold. He said that he could hear the traffic rushing by only feet away from him but nobody could hear him screaming for help.  I cannot even imagine how terrifying that was.

I'm really looking forward to going to Santa Cruz tomorrow.  It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day for a Mother's Day barbecue and it sounds like there's going to be a lot of people there, just a taste of what my new life is going to be like when I move, busy and lots of visiting.  It sounds like a lot of the neighbors are invited so it will be a good chance to get to know them.

I think we finally decided to move over the Memorial Day weekend.  David is going to come the Monday before and work on moving and hooking up Multimedia Max and Stanley and his family are going to come for the weekend and help with everything else.  Rich is also going to help.  I'm starting to see a lot of Rich, Vanessa and the kids and it sure is great.

Today my mom gets to go visit Peter and Angie's new baby Parker.  Unfortunately I won't be able to go but it is so great to hear that they are home and doing great and I know I will be able to meet Parker soon.

No comments: