Monday, May 5, 2008

The viewing that I have been waiting for...

I forgot that last weekend was the park wide annual yard sale.  Jerry stopped by and told me that there was this BEAUTIFUL chair from the Philippines a couple houses down and that I just needed to go look at it, it was gorgeous.  It was handcarved and hand-painted I just couldn't pass it up for $60.  When you sit down on it it feels like a hammock but it is made out of wood and it has wheels on it.

Vanessa came by for a visit and took the girls to get a Pedicure, they looked really cute.  She left Alexi here to have a sleep over.  Stanley and I drove around to see if we can find anything else at a course at a lot of stuff that I would like to have but fortunately I was in the van and couldn't look any closer, I'm trying to downsize what I have for the move.  We went to Chili's for dinner but my mom stayed here because she wasn't feeling well, we all ate way too much but had dessert anyway.

On Sunday we drove to Santa Cruz to check out the final finishing touches on the House, it looks gorgeous.  The landscaping and the handrails on the front and back ramp look incredible, I'm so excited about moving in.  It looks like we're going to start in a couple of weeks.  We went out to a Mexican restaurant to eat it for the drive home and although it was small Stanley made room for me and my huge chair.

I'm still trying to decide what kind of window treatment I want.  I really don't like blinds but I really don't like curtains either.  I thought about shears but at night I really don't want people looking in my house.  The other day when I went to Expo I saw some drapes that I really did like and they were once that I could open myself, that the ones that you pull and drape over a hook to open.  Vanessa said that she would go with me on Wednesday if she has time to help me pick something out.

My camera was broken so Vanessa agreed to take pictures for me and she will bring them when she comes on Wednesday, I cannot wait to put the finished pictures on my journal, I could not be prouder of the job that Charlie did.  I tried to picture myself living in there with all of my stuff but it is still beyond believe I'm probably will take a month or so to realize I'm not dreaming.

Charlie and Terrie met us there, I didn't think they would because Angie is about to give birth any time.  Today would be great because that would be on her and Peters anniversary.

 

No comments: