Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Trying to solve long-term problems...

Every summer that I have been here since I put in the sky light I have suffered with the sun beating down on me between about 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. until today.  I was sitting here trying to figure out a way to block the sun and then it came to me... why didn't I think of it sooner?  I have a ceiling lift that I used to get me from my bed to the bathtub, to my chair and back into bed.  I draped a sheet over the sliding part of the lift and move it over towards me until it blocked the sun.  It seems like now that I'm moving in solving a lot of problems that I had here.

I cannot believe that I can't find a way to get rid of these bed sores.  It is an ongoing problem that I have and although they don't get serious they are constant.  I have asked other quadriplegic's in chat rooms, message boards, support group's, people I run into, nurses and doctors and so far none of their suggestions to help me at all.  In order to turn on my side far enough to get completely off of the area I am pinching my SP tube, the tube going into my bladder for evacuation, and then I leak and that just makes it worse.  I have a rotating air mattress which is supposed to help but it doesn't.  The problem is it just doesn't seem to be a way to keep the off of the same area on my butt.  I saw Tony yesterday, the guy who changes my SP tube, and he suggested that I make an appointment with my doctor... that is where I started this search.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When this was a problem for my Dad, although I realize the nature of his problem was different from yours, a wound care Dr & wound care RN did come up with ways to alleviate the sores.  I hope you do find an answer in a timely manner, or move on to other professionals to get better opinions, if possible. ~Mary