Saturday, May 24, 2008

I know that one day soon things will start getting better instead of worse...

Looks like next week I have no morning caregiver.  Madonna was offered a full-time live in position and she decided to take it.  She has told me several times that she would stay with me until I leave and although she has accepted a couple of jobs that didn't work out she keeps on taking them.  The selfish part of me wants to make her stay but I know that she needs to do what is right for her and her family so I always tell her to go ahead and take it.  I guess I will wait until Monday and hope that over the weekend she decides not to take it and to come back here before I hire an agency, Monday is a holiday and I didn't plan on getting up anyway since I will be up all weekend.

Stanley and Corinne are going to be here mid-afternoon to start moving boxes over to Santa Cruz.  Rich is going to come and help him.

My neighbor called my from his job in Sunnyvale on Thursday to ask me if I was seeing any smoke from the MT Madonna fire in the Santa Cruz Mountains.  I told him that the day before the lift on my van finally broke beyond repair.  He had been telling me about a place next door to him called Access Options that deals with accessible vans and lifts so I decide to take a drive over there and check it out.  Everybody was really nice and helpful.  The receptionist said that she recognized me from Valley Medical, she said that we met eight years ago.  It used to go to the support groups there every Monday, I really miss that.  The owner actually took the time to come out and look at my lift even though the receptionist told him it was a Rollx and they could not service it.  He took a picture and said that he would ask around and see what could be done, piece of the ramp broke off where the cable is bolted to it.  I have an appointment to go back on Tuesday to get my ez-lock system repaired, the mechanism that locks my chair in the van so it doesn't move. Now that I don't have a morning attendant to get me up and in my chair and don't know what I'm going to do.  Sometimes life tries so hard to get you down.

Next week I guess I will just have to have the afternoon caregiver pack up whats left in my house so that everything will be pretty to go next weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that your new house is almost ready.  Mary sent me your link :o)
I applaud you for keeping a positive attitude.  Ken.
http://journals.aol.com/buckoclown/Bucko

Anonymous said...

I say call the agency as soon as you can "just in case."  You may need someone sooner rather than later.  I can understand not planning on getting up, but it is always nice to have the option.

Thank you for your sentiments about my Dad......
~Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi,  

I found you through Mary's journal, and I'm grateful for the link.  You have a beautiful journal, and I loudly applaud your choice to live and live well.  Thank you for writing and for sharing.

Michelle